- Felt: yellow, black, brown/beige
- Matching threads to felt colours
- Sewing needle, scissors, pins/marker
Here is how to make a Pusheen cat donut plush:
1. Cut out the template with felt colours.
2. Sew on the eyes with a running stitch.
3. Sew on mouth.
4. Placing the good sides together, sew around with a blanket stitch.
5. Insert the "inside cylinder" and sew it with a blanket stitch.
6. Turn your plush inside out.
7. Add stuffing.
8. Close up plush using ladder stitch.
9. Sew the ears together, turn it inside out and put stuffing inside.
10. Using a ladder stitch, sew it to the cat donut.
11. Sew the tail stripes on, then sew the good sides together.
12. Turn the tail inside out and put stuffing inside. Ladder stitch it to the plush.
13. Your cat donut is finished -CONGRATULATIONS!
Stitches used: blanket stitch, running stitch, ladder stitch
Which is the good side?
This is the side that you want to show in the final product. Placing the good sides hide the stitches when you turn your plush inside out.
Which stitch should I use?***
- Blanket stitch if I am sewing two sides together.
- Running stitch (up and down stitch) if I am sewing on eyes, or features such as a mouth.
- Ladder stitch if I am closing up the plush after putting stuffing inside.
***These are my preferences
This was inspired by color Krafts.
For their tutorial click here:
If you make it, I would love to see pictures. Tag me on instagram:
(Also, check out my Krispy Kreme box tutorial - you can keep your donut cats inside!!!)
I have also made a Jake the Dog donut! Just change the colours. :)
Jake the Dog donut template: