- Satin fabric
- Sewing machine, matching thread, scissors, ruler, pins
1. Gather materials
2. Pin and sew the raw edges all around the cape.
3. Make the collar - 10cm x 68cm
4. On the collar, pin up the raw edges of good sides (shiny side) together.
5. After sewing the collar, inside out it.
6. Make a hollow tube for the collar. This helps attach the collar to the cape.
7. Sew up the tube.
8. Insert the collar into the tube.
9. Gather the cape to your liking and sew the end of the tube.
10. Sew the ends of the collar.
11. Attach the Velcro.
12. Well done on making this cape!!! - CONGRATULATIONS
- First time? -use a material such as Polypop fabric, it is cheap and affordable.
- Use clips to feed the collar into the tube.
- If you want to sew on the Velcro, make sure that it is non-adhesive (Adhesive Velcro makes the sewing needle sticky).
Challenge: Give your cape a hood!
If you make it, I would love to see pictures. Tag me on instagram: