Materials for Winnie the Pooh Tsum Tsum pencil case: - Felt colours: 2 yellow rectangular sheets, red and brown. - Polypop (cheap material for lining) - Yellow Zipper (6 inches/ 15cm) - Compass for circle (diameter: 9.7cm) - Needle, thread, pins, scissors. - Stuffing - Sewing machine *
* optional --I like to use a sewing machine to sew the zipper. The rest, I prefer to hand sew.
The rectangular sheet for the yellow is 23cm x 30cm. The lining also needs to be this size.
Here is how to make a pencil case: 1. Sew on the red felt rectangle (9cm x 30cm) to the middle of the yellow felt lengthwise.
2. Pin the zipper between the felt and the lining material (refer to the video below -1:45-2:51)
3. Cut out circles (diameter 9.7cm). Start with the back lining circle first and then the felt circle. Use pins and do a blanket stitch.
4. On the front of the pencil case, sew the lining circle first. Pinning and using a blanket stitch.
5. Sew the last felt circle onto the face using a ladder stitch (invisible stitch).
6. For Pooh's face, cut two more circles out of yellow felt and cut details on the face (eyes, nose, eye brows). Sew them on. Tip: To make the face a bit rounder, cut a 2 cm down the centre of the face and the sew it up closely at the back. This dart would make the face curve more.
7. Cut out 4 ear pieces (2 pieces per ear). Sew with a blanket stitch, leave a small hole to turn inside out and stuff them to your liking.
8. Sew the face pieces right side together and pin the ears on the inside. Sew around, leaving a small hole to turn inside out and stuff. Sew the head shut.
9. Attack the face to the body using a ladder stitch.
10. Cut out 8 leg pieces (2 pieces per leg). Sew with a blanket stitch, leave a small hole to turn inside out and stuff them to your liking.
11. Attach the legs to the body using a ladder stitch.