-Felt: Light pink and red
-Matching thread to felt colours
-Sewing needle, scissors, pins
Here is how to make a Conversation Heart:
1. Cut out the template with felt colours.
2. Sew on the words or symbols (ie. XOXO) on one heart - with red thread.
Use a running stitch.
3. Sew the rectangular strip onto the heart with the symbols. Use a blanket stitch.
This strip should be long enough to go around the edge of the heart.
4. Sew the second heart on to the rectangular strip. Leave a small hole.
5. Turn the heart plush inside out and stuff.
6. Sew it closed with a ladder stitch.
CONGRATULATIONS - You made a Conversation Heart!
Stitches used: blanket stitch, running stitch, ladder stitch
Which stitch should I use?***
- Blanket stitch if I am sewing two sides together.
- Running stitch (up and down stitch) if I am sewing on eyes, or features such as a mouth.
- Ladder stitch if I am closing up the plush after putting stuffing inside.
***These are my preferences
If you make it, I would love to see pictures. Tag me on instagram:
There is also an Instructable on this - https://www.instructables.com/id/Conversation-Heart-PlushPillow/