- Felt: yellow, black, white
- Matching threads to felt colours
- Sewing needle, scissors, pins
*I enlarged the template from A4 to A3 (141% image increase)
Here is how to make Jake the Dog:
1. Cut out the template with the felt colours.
2. Sew the white circle to the black circle using white thread. Use a running stitch.
3. Sew the yellow piece that goes around Jake's mouth (let's call it the droopy yellow piece) -sew around using a blanket stitch. Leave a small hole to turn it inside out,
4. Stuff the droopy yellow piece and close it off using a ladder stitch.
5. Sew the nose piece using a blanket stitch, leave a small hole to turn it inside out and stuff it.
6. Attach the nose to the droopy yellow piece using a ladder stitch.
7. Sew the facial features on to the body.
** For the mouth - you can use fabric glue - I decided to sew it on.
8. Place the body pieces together with the good sides together.
9. Sew around the edge using a blanket stitch.
10. Leave a small hole to turn it inside out. Stuff it and sew it up using a ladder stitch.
11. Repeat steps 8 and 9 with the legs, arms, ears and tail.
12. Push the bottom corner of Jake and sew the leg on using a ladder stitch.
13. Attach the arms, ears and tail using a ladder stitch.
CONGRATULATIONS - You made Jake the Dog!
Stitches used: blanket stitch, running stitch, ladder stitch
Which is the good side?
This is the side that you want to show in the final product. Placing the good sides hide the stitches when you turn your plush inside out.
Which stitch should I use?***
- Blanket stitch if I am sewing two sides together.
- Running stitch (up and down stitch) if I am sewing on eyes, or features such as a mouth.
- Ladder stitch if I am closing up the plush after putting stuffing inside.
***These are my preferences
If you make it, I would love to see pictures. Tag me on instagram:
Lumpy Space Princess Tutorial - http://pikachuah97.weebly.com/lumpy-space-princess/how-to-make-lumpy-space-princess
Gunther Plush pattern - https://cholyknight.com/free-projects/
Jake the Dog donut plush -
There is also an Instructable on this - https://www.instructables.com/id/Jake-the-Dog-Plush-FREE-Template/